Ok, sorry mom if you read this, but I grew up with the Queen of Clutter! My mom believes that she can find a purpose for anything, and therefore she KEEPS everything. The kicker is she usually does figure out a way to use most things. She takes the foam packaging from computer parts she gets at work and makes swords, robots, and even play kitchens!
Sadly I seem to have inherited a little of my mom's pack-ratty-ness, and it's starting to drive Tad crazy. Although HE'S the one who hoards clothes. He's got almost every item of clothing he's ever bought from high school to now still in his closet. He needs twice the room that I do!
Anyways, back on track. Clutter, I need help, and Da-da-da-DAH, I found an awesome blog to help me out. Tsh at SimpleMom has a great blog that's all about keeping things simple. Which you probably could have figured out yourself, but there you go. She covers a lot of different things, but right now she's doing is doing Project Simplify. She's taking 5 weeks to tackle 5 'hot spots' of clutter. She's also attaching a giveaway to each week, it's pretty awesome. So if you need a kick in the butt like me to clear out your house, here it is!
Here’s how it works:
1. On Monday, She’ll announce that week’s “hot spot” project.
2. You’ll have the week to declutter, clean, and organize that area — don’t forget to take “before” and “after” photos (no straightening up ahead of time, either!).
3. On Friday, She’ll reveal her own “before” and “after” photos.
4a. You’ll also post your photos and write about your experience on your own blog, then link to it on Simple Mom.
4b. If you don’t have a blog, you can share your “before” and “after” photos in the Simple Living Flickr pool, describing your experience in the photos’ description. (You can also do this even if you have a blog.)
5. Rest from the week’s hard work by browsing everyone else’s photos (and find inspiration for the next project!).
6. Cross your fingers in hopes that you’ve won that week’s giveaway.