Sunday, March 11, 2012

Daylights Savings Rewind: Top 10 Clothing Items Every Woman Should Have

SO, I woke up this morning and remembered it was Daylight Savings today. While in the Fall I quite like the change, however losing an hour in the Spring always makes me sad. So for my post today I found the post I did exactly one year ago today and decided to revisit it! Now when I posted this list a year ago I did not own a single item on this list, I'm happy to say that today I own 5!
That's progress people :)


I was recently inspired by a post of A Few of My Favorite Things called
Frugal & Fabulous. Lately I've been thinking a lot about my sad wardrobe and I wanted to add some class to it. So I thought to myself, 'Self, who will have the answer?' And the answer was quite simple. Oprah.

I grew up in northern Texas, and I'll tell you one thing about Texas people. They love their Oprah. So naturally I gained a great appreciation for the woman, and I loved what she came up with. So here it is:

10 Items Every Woman Should Have

1. Crisp White ShirtThe perfect white shirt can take you anywhere. Try Brooks Brothers no-iron cotton shirt (BrooksBrothers.com ).

2. Black Pencil Skirt
2.This figure-flattering skirt can be paired with countless items in your closet to create an instantly polished look.
You know I love me a pencil skirt!

3. Lightweight Cashmere CardiganGet them in both long and short cuts, and they'll carry you through the seasons. Kelly is a fan of the cardigans by Vince (Vince.com), J.Crew (JCrew.com) and Club Monaco (ClubMonaco.com ).
I LOVE throwing on a cardigan, I always feel classier with one on.

4. Dark Wash Jeans

Find a pair that fits you great, and you'll be able to dress them up or down. Just avoid distressed washes with whiskers!

5. Slim Black Pants
Like the pencil skirt, a pair of well-fitting black pants instantly creates a polished look.

6. Little Black Dress

Change up your go-to black dress with fun accessories, and you'll never be bored.

7. Comfortable, Stylish Flats

Step away from the clunky gym sneakers! Stylish flats are worth the splurge if you wear them every day..
I had to stop wearing heels all the time now that I've got a kid on each hip!

8. Cute PajamasIt's easy to get into the habit of wearing old, oversize T-shirts to bed, but this is one of the simplest changes you can make. She loves the pajama sets at Target (Target.com ).
Yeah......I usually wear old sweats.

9. The Right UndergarmentsWell-fitting, figure-flattering undergarments are the foundation of every outfit. What did we do before Spanx?
Anything to help hide my love handles is ok by me!

10. Khaki PantsKhakis are great multiseason staples that are affordable and easy to update. If you don't have a great pair in your closet yet, Kelly suggests Gap (Gap.com ).

11. Khaki Trench Coat
Ok, so I know Oprah on had 10 items on her list, but through my research this kept popping up and I loved it so much I had to throw it in!Now let me let you in on my shameful secret. I don't own a single one of these items. Pathetic, I know, but hopefully now that I have a list that will change. Although my wallet is a tiny bit smaller than Oprah's, so I will have to keep my eye's open at my regular shopping spots. i.e. Ross, Target, D.I., and outlet stores. But I'm determined to add some class to my rhinestone & polyester wardrobe! (ok, maybe that's not ALL that's in there)

So how many of these items do you own?

4 comments:

  1. Um...so I own all but 2 of these. I'll let you guess which 2 I'm missing -- they're probably not the ones you think they are... =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do I get 3 guesses? I probably would have started with the spandex underwear, but your tease makes me wanna go with
    1-the cute pajamas (I'm gonna assume you're a sweats & old T-shirt girl like me)
    2-khaki trench (I'm thinking more like a black pea-coat for you)
    3-cardigans (I don't know if I've ever seen you in a cardi)
    So, what's my score?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I needed this! Thank you so much for sharing! What a great post! My wardrobe needs some attention too! I have a birthday coming up...hmmm...
    Best Wishes and Blessings,
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...