Friday, August 19, 2011

Christian Bale LOVE HIM

There is just something really irresistible about Christian Bale. Ever since I watch Newsies, back when I was like 5 or something, I've been hooked. He's tall, dark, handsome, and to top it off a great actor!

Newsies
Who doesn't love the Newsies?! No one I know. The musical story of Jack Kelly, a newsboy who eventually becomes the leader of the (real life) Newsboy Strike of 1899. Jack, or Cowboy as he's sometimes called, a newsie in New York City has a dream to earn enough money to move to Santa Fe. His chances of making the money to do that, which were already laughable, become impossible when Joseph Pulitzer raises the price of The New York World for Jack and his friends. Not willing to just lie down and take it Jack and his new friend David lead the Newsies in a strike.
I've heard it wasn't originally planned to be a musical, but I'm glad it is. It's one of my favorites. Although it was a large disappointment at the box office when it first debuted, it later gathered a large 'cult' following. I've also been told that Christian Bale does not look back on the Newsies with much fondness. But I say I love it enough for both of us!
Newsies Trailer
King of New York Song
I have to point out that Bill Pullman has a role in Newsies as well. He plays Bryan Denton, a newspaper report who takes an interest in the strike. I LOVE Bill Pullman, he's awesome. Independence Day, While You Were Sleeping, Sleepless in Seattle, A League of Their Own. Enough said. And who knew he could sing?!

Pocahontas
One of my favorite cartoons is Pocahontas. We all know that it's the story of how John Smith (English explorer) meets and falls in love with Pocahontas (daughter of the Indian Chief). Together they desperately seek a way to stop the seemingly inevitable war. John Smith's voice is done by Mel Gibson (awesome) and Thomas, poor Thomas, is done by none other than Christian Bale.
Colors of the Wind

Little Women
In the movie version of the classic Little Women by Louisa May Alcott, Christian Bale plays Laurie, the grandson of the March sister's neighbor, Mr. Laurence. Laurie becomes fast friends with Jo (Winona Ryder) and soon after the rest of the family. The cast also holds Claire Danes, Kirstin Dunst, Trini Alvarado, and Susan Sarandon. Love it!
Little Women Trailer

Batman Begins
His first Batman movie was phenomenal. I've seen all of the Batman's of my childhood (i.e. Michael Keaton and Val Kilmer), and I loved them all. But I've gotta say this became my fast favorite. You get to see Bruce Wayne's journey from a young rich boy to the hero of Gotham.
Batman Begins Trailer

The Prestige
In the Prestige Christian plays Alfred Borden, a magician who's on trial for the murder of Robert Angier (Hugh Jackman). Borden and Angier started their careers together learning from Milton the Magician. When Angier's wife dies in a performance, possibly from a knot that Borden tied they go their separate ways. Both trying to out-do the other. It's a wonderfully complex and intricate movie, although you might have to watch it twice to really understand it.
The Prestige Trailer

3:10 to Yuma
Ok, I confess, I've never seen 3:10 to Yuma, but it was so popular that I decided to throw it in. Here's what IMDB says about it, "A small-time rancher agrees to hold a captured outlaw who's awaiting a train to go to court in Yuma. A battle of wills ensues as the outlaw tries to psych out the rancher."
3:10 to Yuma

The Dark Knight
Christian's 2nd Batman movie. Seriously cool, yet seriously dark. It lacks a lot of the laughter in the first movie, but like I said it's seriously cool.
The Dark Knight Trailer
I've got to mention Heath Ledger who plays the Joker. He was on my short list of favorite actors from the moment I say A Knight's Tale, and I was incredibly sad when I heard of his death. He does a ridiculously good job of playing the Joker.

The Dark Knight Rises
The 3rd Batman is due out next July and I'm hoping for a little more light in the dark with this one. I do know that Anne Hathaway will be playing Cat Woman in it which should be interesting. Either way I'm sure it will be incredible!
The Dark Knight Rises Trailer

Thanks to Christian Bale for being so awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...