Sunday, April 22, 2012

Recipe Box: Baked Chicken Fajitas Recipe

Tad has dubbed this meal his favorite! He must of told me 10 times how much he loved it. It's fairly simple and definitely easy to make. I even found a can of diced tomatoes that had diced green chili's already added to it. It reheats really well too. I will say that it is very heavily seasoned, which Tad loves, it gives it a little more of a real mexican food style. While I did like this recipe a lot, I wouldn't rank it in my favorites just because I like my food with a little less seasoning, but since Tad loves it so much it has gone into our regular rotation. I found it on Six Sisters' Stuff and here is what they had to say:

I love Mexican food! This recipe was easy, healthy and tasted great!

Who knew "baked" could taste so good?!


The best part was being able to throw everything into one pan and toss it in the oven! I even made mine in the morning and kept it in the fridge then put it in the oven around dinner time.

Baked Chicken Fajitas Recipe:
(Recipe from Eatin' on the Cheap)

(Serves 4-6)
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
1 (15 oz) can diced tomatoes
1 (4 oz) can diced green chilies
1 medium onion, sliced
1 large bell pepper, seeded and sliced
2 T vegetable oil
2 t. chili powder
2 t. cumin
1/2 t. garlic powder
1/2 t. dried oregano
1/4 t. salt
12 flour tortillas, warmed to serve

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Grease a 13×9 baking dish. Mix together chicken, tomatoes, chilies, peppers, and onions in the dish.

In a small bowl combine the oil and spices. Drizzle the spice mixture over the chicken and toss to coat.
Bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender.

Serve with warmed tortillas and enjoy!

I hope you give this great recipe a shot, it's a good simple dish to add to your recipe box.

4 comments:

  1. Where did you find the can of tomatoes and chiles? Any other tips for making it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I just got it at walmart. It was right by all of the regular canned tomatoes. Now that I think about it I think that can of tomatoes and chilis might have had onion in it too cause I didn't use the onion I'd gotten. Anyways other than that it's a pretty strait forward recipe, simple and easy. Just how I like them :D

      Delete
  2. I am totally going to try this one! If Tad likes it then Trey has to since they are basically twins. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...